“Education and Skill Enhancement Loan”
- The scheme aims to provide the Bhutanese candidates, term loan for meeting the educational and related expenses abroad.
- Should be a Bhutanese Citizen.
- The Individual candidate should be of and above 18 years of age.
- The loan shall be maintained in the joint names of candidate with parents or natural guardian ( in the absence of parents) as co –borrower, who are residing in Bhutan.
- Copies of academic certificates of candidates.
- The CIB status to be clear of both the student borrower and co borrower.
- The consultancy firm through which the students being sent abroad should be registered with MOEA/MOLHR.
- Copy of valid license for operating such education consultancy / placement firms should be provided.
- Maximum limit of NU.3.50 Mn per candidate by way of term loan for meeting educational expenses.
- Minimum margin of 10% based on education expenses ,or Nu.200000/- which ever is low to be adjusted towards accrued interest.
- The loan shall be disbursed only after getting confirmation from the consultancy firm and execution of the loan documents.
- The repayment is to be started after 3 months from the release of loan. The maximum tenor of loan is 60 Months.
- Guarantee of the parents/guardians/family members who are staying in Bhutan, or any other competent individual . Their CIB report should be satisfactory.
- Countries for studies abroad viz. Japan , Australia , Canada , New Zealand etc. as arranged by the consultancy firms. The loan may be disbursed at the request of the borrower to his /her savings account maintained with our bank. The candidate should have access to fund of upto Nu.100000/- from the loan.