The Scheme aims at providing financial assistance to deserving/meritorious students with an opportunity including undertaking basic education and to the meritorious students to pursue higher, professional and technical education in Bhutan and abroad.
* Should be a Bhutanese Citizen.
* Secured admission to Professional/Technical courses through Entrance Test/Selection process.
* Secured admission to foreign University/Institutions.
* Student should have secured pass marks in the qualifying Examination for admission to Graduation Courses.
* Citizenship ID card
* Last qualification certificates
* Proof of admission in higher studies
* Proof of income of Parents / guarantors
* Two photographs
Quantum of Finance
Need based finance, subject to repaying capacity of the parents/students with margin and the following ceilings :-
Studies in Bhutan – Maximum Nu 0.40 Million
Studies Abroad – Maximum Nu. 1.50 Million
Upto Nu. 0.40 Million – 25%
Above Nu 0.40 million – 15%
* Scholarship / assistantship to be included in Margin.
* Margin may be brought-in on year-to-year basis as and when disbursements are made on a pro-rata basis.
The maximum loan repayment period is 5 years repayable at monthly interval.
For more details and other formalities contact nearest branch head.
To Download application form please click here